Q: What the heck is a Digital Warrior-Poet?
A: The Digital Warrior-Poet is a man of letters with a progressive worldview, an unquenchable thirst for adventure, and an abiding commitment to the warrior ethos. The DW-P possesses the warrior’s fortitude tempered by the poet’s mindfulness; left-brain rationality dancing with right-brain whimsy. It’s all about balance…
“Wars change, warriors don’t. … We are all warriors.” Stephen Pressfield
Q: The “warrior ethos”?
A: Yep. The DW-P’s no “Remington Raider”—he does his thing at the pointy end of the nib; he’s out there bustin’ metaphorical brush. He embraces the Digital Warrior-Poet’s Code:
- Approach every task with your head up and your heart open
- Quiet your mind and get out of your own way
- Harness your mojo to the creative energy of others
- Be true to yourself and deal with integrity
- Make every day count!
Q: So who is that masked man?
A: Aden Nichols is an independent Communications Specialist: editor, writer, historian, and defender of worthy nonprofit organizations… the quintessential Digital Warrior-Poet. He is headquartered at the intersection of technology and culture (which is to say: Charlottesville, Virginia). He has generated &/or wrangled copy in-house or under contract for some of the biggest names in the biz and he harbors a soft spot for academic presses, because he knows that knowledge is power. He thrives on the buzz of unconventional linguistic warfare and he’s ready to undertake all manner of literary missions, deniable or otherwise. Have laptop, will travel…
Q: How can I contact him?
A: Just click on this handy Contact Form.
Q: What’s this blog about?
A: Aden responds: As a humanist, I find this to be an amazing time to be alive. The alliance of new media and storytelling is plunging ahead at breakneck pace, and change is good. In an attempt to make some sense of it all (which is, admittedly, a little like trying to take a sip from a fire hose), I record my thoughts and impressions here.
We are participants—willing or otherwise—in the greatest revolution in the dissemination of ideas since Gutenberg gave the world movable type! New media and complementary technologies are altering how we think, learn, communicate, and express ourselves—how we craft and share our communal story. We are poised on the threshold of a brave new world, my friends. It’s a little scary but incredibly exciting. Ain’t life grand?
Live simply. Love generously. Speak kindly.
- The opinions expressed herein are exclusively those of Aden Nichols (unless otherwise attributed). He reserves the right to change his mind
based on persuasive new evidenceas the mood strikes.
- Links to other blogs or websites are provided solely for informational purposes and do not necessarily reflect endorsement. You’re a free agent—use your own discretion.
- Feel free to share anything you see here with whomever you please (attribution and a little link-love are appreciated). Your comments and feedback are most welcome; communication is, after all, a two-way street. One caveat: Do be civil, or as Senior Drill Sergeant Gore (true story) so often admonished his terrified charges, “You are representatives of the United States Army. Construct yourselves accordingly.”